Swipe right and left to view details
Join us for Christmas in the beautiful county of Shropshire. Shrewsbury is a pretty historic medieval town full of higgledy-piggidy streets within a loop on the River Severn. A charming corner of old England to spend Christmas.
• Wednesday Depart from your home area in the morning travelling to the outskirts of Shrewsbury and the Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hotel & Spa for 4 nights stay. Join your fellow guests for a welcome Tea/Coffee and Cakes on arrival. Before dinner the hotel will hold a quiz and then settle down to Candlelit Dinner in the Oak Room Restaurant.
• Thursday Christmas Eve This morning we have a short drive to historic Shrewsbury. Set within a loop of the meandering River Severn in the heart of Shropshire, Shrewsbury is one of England’s splendid heritage towns, with over 600 listed buildings. The black & white timber buildings and picturesque cobbled alleyways house a selection of independent shops, cafes, restaurants & pubs. After dinner join the pianist for a sing-along of some carols or relax with a nightcap in the bar.
• Friday Christmas Day Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and open your presents this morning. Take a stroll and work up an appetite for a Traditional Christmas Lunch. Listen to the Queens speech followed by tea, coffee and Christmas cake. An informal fork buffet dinner will be followed by a live entertainment.
• Saturday Boxing Day Unwind with a leisurely breakfast in the Oak room restaurant. A light lunch of Soup & Sandwiches is served prior to a heading to the Theatre Severn on the banks of the River Severn in Shrewsbury for a matinee Christmas Pantomime and an afternoon of fun and laughter. Tea & Cakes await your return at the Hotel. Tonight we have a Dinner followed by a final evening of entertainment.
• Sunday After breakfast we leave and begin our homeward journey.
The Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
The Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, just 4 miles from Shrewsbury centre, is a beautiful 18th century manor house. Set in 15 acres of grounds with an ornamental lake, the hotel has 87 contemporary guest rooms, each with internet access and satellite TV. Enjoy an elegant afternoon tea, lunch or dinner in the Oak Room Restaurant or relax in the 1630 Bar. The unrivalled Leisure Club & Spa includes indoor pool, sauna, steam and ice room. Visit the hotel website >
4 nights Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Luxury coach travel
Christmas day lunch
Boxing day lunch
Additional snacks and refreshments as provided by the hotel
Hotel programme of entertainment
Visit to the Pantomime
The programme of hotel entertainment is based on previous year and is subject to confirmation and may change.