Swipe right and left to view details
Our lovely hotel with a great free drinks package is based in the Swiss resort of Leysin, set high in the Vaud Alp of Switzerland, you will enjoy magnificent views in all directions. This area of Switzerland has it all – snow-capped mountains, rolling green pastures and the gentle sound of cow bells. The 360˚ panorama of the Alpine peaks is unforgettable – Eiger, Mount-Blanc, Matterhorn & Dents du Midi. Below the town are the blue waters of Lake Geneva with Switzerland on one side and France on the other. The highlights of this tour include a cable car journey to Scex Rouge and a cruise on Lake Geneva.
Sunday – We collect you from your home and take you to join your tour coach as it makes its way for your Channel Crossing. We will then continue our journey to Troyes where we will have our overnight stop. There will be dinner on arrival.
Monday – Following breakfast we continue south past Dijon, Dole, Salins-les-Bains & Pontarlier before crossing the border into Switzerland past Lake Geneva to Montreux, before climbing into the mountains & our hotel. Welcome drink & time to settle in before dinner.
Tuesday to Friday we have included the following excursions:
• We have included a day at leisure in Leysin, wander around this mountain village, relax & enjoy the hotel facilities. While here you may take a ride on the Berneuse Cable Car which will take you to the summit for perfect views of Geneva & Mont Blanc on a clear day. There is also a good bus service that runs around the village to aid access.
• This morning we board our coach for the journey across to Col de Mosses through the scenic countryside to the village of Gruyères. Here, we will discover how Gruyère cheese is made with a demonstration at La Maison du Gruyère cheese dairy. Afterwards, we will have time to spend in the village before we travel back to Broc, home of the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory. We will find out all about the chocolates made here, with tastings of course! After enjoying the chocolates, we begin our return journey back to Montreux, arriving late afternoon.
• Today we have a more leisurely day today as we head around Lake Geneva with a visit to the picturesque town of Vevey, take a stroll along the lake shore and enjoy the views across the lake but for the true Lake Geneva experience you have to get on the lake! We hop aboard a scenic paddle steamer cruise from Vevey to the elegant town of Montreux, made famous by its yearly jazz festival and its former famous resident, Freddie Mercury. After spending time here, we travel back to the hotel.
• After breakfast, we head to Col du Pillon to embark on a cable car journey to Scex Rouge, known as Glacier 3000. We have a stunning panorama of no fewer than 24 snow-capped mountains 4000m giant including the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn, and even Mont Blanc in the distance! We have time here to take in the magnificent views, enjoy lunch in the panorama restaurant (not included) and for those feeling more adventurous why not embark on a ride on the Snow Bus. From here we board our beautiful Belle Epoque train for the journey back down to Lake Geneva watching the afternoon sun descend over the serene waters. Once back in Montreux, we board our coach for the short journey back to the hotel.
Saturday – Retracing our steps back across the border into France with some lovely scenery along the way back to our overnight stop in France.
Sunday – Our journey takes us back to Calais for our return Channel Crossing and onward to our waiting taxis to return you to your home.
Hotel Central Residence, Leysin, Valais
The modern exterior of this hotel belies an interior with several cosy areas decorated in traditional Swiss style. The hotel has a large reception and bar/lounge area. The traditional style restaurant with terrace allows outstanding views across the whole valley. All 108 rooms are decorated in traditional wooden style with TV and hairdryer. The hotel has extensive leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna & steam room. The hotel has a lift. Visit the hotel website
*Overnight hotel will be the Golden Tulip Hotel, Troyes.
Look what's included!
• 7 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
• Platinum coach travel
• Hostess service on board
• Home pick-up
• Channel crossings
• Free bar in Switzerland between 18:00 – 22:00hrs (Selected beers, wines and soft drinks)
• Guided tour of the Nestlé Chocolate factory
• Guided tour of the Gruyère cheese factory
• Cruise on Lake Geneva
• Glacier 3000 Cable Car ride