COACH HOLIDAY TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is compulsory if you wish to travel with Chandlers in Europe, but not in the UK. However, it is strongly recommended that travel insurance is obtained regardless of the destination.
Wrightsure Coach Holiday Travel Insurance is available for all passengers travelling on our holidays. This policy is underwritten by ERV, ERV is incorporated and regulated under the laws of Germany, as Europaische Reisevericherung A.G., and trades in the UK as ETI - International Travel Protection (ERV). ERV is authorised by the Bundesansalt fur Finanzdiensteistungsaufsicht (BAFIN-www.bafin.de) and the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (Their firm reference is 311394). Should you wish to take advantage of the Coach Holiday Travel Insurance we offer please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday. Your travel insurance policy will come into force as soon as your booking has been accepted and the appropriate premium paid. Margaret Sara Cynthia l Anson t/a Chandlers Coach Travel is an appointed representative of Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 311394) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This insurance policy will suit the Demands and Needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified claim limits.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but will be happy to provide you with factual information
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes Mayday Assist - 24-hour emergency service. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of Cover, Policy Warranties and Exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the Policy Wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance. A specimen copy of the Policy Wording can be downloaded here.
COVER SUMS INSURED UP TO
Missed Departure £100UK / £300EU
Travel Delay Maximum £60 (£20 per 12 hours)
Personal Accident £15,000 (subject to age)
Medical and other Expenses including Curtailment £2,000,000 EU / £1,500 UK
Hospital Confinement Benefit Max £450 EU (£15 per 24 hours) Max £100 UK (£10 per 24 hours)
Personal Property/Loss of Passport £1,500/£200
Personal Liability £2,000,000
Delayed Baggage £100
Legal Expenses £25,000
Cancellation, Curtailment, Holiday Abandonment and Loss of Deposit for holidays up to and including 3 days £NIL.
For holidays over 3 days Loss of Deposit excess £15.00 each and every loss.
For holidays over 3 days excess £50.00 each and every loss for Cancellation, Curtailment and Holiday Abandonment.
Medical and Other Expenses, Personal Property and Money excess £35.00 each and every incident per insured person.
IMPORTANT - HEALTH CONDITIONS
If you are travelling in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man and can answer NO to questions 1, 2 and 3 immediately below, it will not be necessary for you to complete a Self Declaring Medical Form. The Standard Policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions shall apply.
It is a condition that at the time of taking out this policy and between that time and your departure you must comply with each of the following:
1) You are not aware of any reason why the trip should be cancelled or cut short
2) You are not travelling:
a) against the advice of a medical practitioner
b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment, or
c) if you have been given a terminal prognosis
3) You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for an illness or injury as a hospital day case or in-patient, as any claim arising from this injury or treatment will not be covered.
In addition if you are travelling outside England, Scotland, Wales , Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man , the following additional conditions will apply:
You must notify the Issuer of this policy immediately of any of the conditions listed below arising between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure of the trip. We must be informed of any fact which is likely to influence us in the acceptance, assessment or continuance of this insurance. Failure to do so may invalidate this insurance, leaving you with no right to make a claim.
1) If you have received medical treatment as a hospital day case, in-patient or out-patient during the six months prior to the booking of the trip, you must obtain from a medical practitioner at your cost confirming that you will be fit enough to take the trip.
2) if you are undergoing medical treatment as a hospital out-patient at the date the final balance of the trip is due to be paid, a certificate of fitness confirming your ability to travel must be obtained by you at your cost.
3) If you are on medication at the time of travel your medical condition is stable and well controlled.
The Policy contains the following General Exclusions:
You are not covered for anything caused directly or indirectly by you suffering from stress, anxiety or depression unless it has been investigated and diagnosed as such by a Consultant specialising in the relevant field, who must confirm in writing at your cost that you are fit enough to take this trip
You must notify the issuer of this Policy immediately of any of the conditions listed above arising between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure of the trip.
IMPORTANT - HEALTH CONDITIONS (Applicable to policies issued on or after 1 January 2018)
We shall not be liable for claims WHERE AT THE TIME OF TAKING OUT THIS POLICY AND BETWEEN THAT TIME AND YOUR DEPARTURE:
a) You are aware of any medical condition or set of circumstances that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim (for example the state of health of a Close Relative, Business Associate or any person on whom Your travel plans depend).
b) The Insured Person whose medical condition gives rise to a claim:
ii) Is receiving, or on a waiting list for, surgery, in-patient treatment or investigations in a hospital, clinic or nursing home.
ii) Is travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other public transport provider.
iii) Is travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment abroad.
iv) Has been given a terminal prognosis.
Please note: If you are on medication at the time of travel, Your medical condition(s) must be stable and well controlled.
If you are travelling outside of the UK You must notify the Change in Health helpline immediately if a change in health occurs (including any change to medication) between the date this policy is issued and your scheduled date of departure.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
You should read your policy immediately to ensure it meets with your requirements. If for any reason it does not it must be returned to the issuer of the policy within 14 days of the date of issue or prior to travel which ever is the sooner. Your money will be refunded in full, provided no claims have been made or incident likely to give rise to a claim has arisen. If you cancel your policy after 14 days no refund will be given.
Policy Summary and Key Facts
This policy summary does not contain full details and conditions of your insurance – these are located in your policy document.
This policy is underwritten by ERV, ERV is incorporated and regulated under the laws of Germany, as Europaische Reisevericherung A.G., and trades in the UK as ETI - International Travel Protection (ERV).
Type of Insurance and Cover
Travel insurance for single trips.
Various optional covers may also be included - your policy schedule will show if you selected these options.
Where a heading is underlined in this policy summary, full details can be found in your policy document under the same heading.
No age limit applies.
It is essential that you refer to the important conditions relating to health section in the policy wording as failure to comply with these conditions may jeopardise your claim or cover.
Special conditions apply to each section of your policy - Please refer to the policy document for full details.
Features and Benefits
Emergency Assistance & Repatriation
· Medical expertise to arrange medical assistance or transport home following an accident or illness or if you are informed of a serious illness of a close relative at home whilst on holiday.
· Unavoidable or necessary cancellation due to an event which is beyond your control.
· Abandonment of the trip prior to its commencement as a result of travel delay exceeding 12 hours from the scheduled departure time.
· The maximum we will pay under this section per insured person is £1,500.
Medical Expenses, Medical Emergency Assistance And Other Expenses Including Curtailment
· Medical, surgical or hospital treatment and nursing home charges, drugs or appliances and travelling costs to obtain such treatment up to £2,000,000 outside the United Kingdom.
· Emergency Dental Treatment to relieve pain.
· Reasonable cost of conveying your ashes or body home or the cost of funeral expenses abroad.
· Reasonable additional accommodation and subsequent repatriation expenses incurred if it is medically necessary for you to stay beyond your scheduled return date.
· A pro-rata refund in respect of unused pre-paid travel and accommodation costs following curtailment by early return to the United Kingdom or by attendance as an in-patient in a hospital abroad.
· Accidental loss of or damage to luggage and personal effects, money and travel tickets up to £1,500. Up to £200 for any one article, up to £400 for all valuables and £200 for money – Please see the definition of valuables in the ‘Definitions’ in the policy document.
· Up to £100 towards the cost of buying replacement necessities if your own baggage is delayed in reaching you on your outward journey for at least 12 hours.
· Personal liability for any damages you become legally liable to pay up to £2,000,000.
· Up to £15,000 for death, loss of limb or sight and permanent total disablement, subject to age – Please refer to the policy document for full details of the cover available.
· Travel Delay for at least 12 hours from the scheduled departure time. £20 for the first complete 12 hour delay and £10 for each completed 12 hours following, up to a maximum of £60.
· Additional expenses for hotel and travelling expenses incurred in reaching your final destination if the car in which you are travelling breaks down or is involved in an accident and you arrive too late to commence the booked journey from or to the United Kingdom. The maximum we will pay under this section is £100 for trips in England, Scotland and Wales and £300 for trips to Europe, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Isles of Scilly.
Loss of Passport Expenses
· Up to £200 for unavoidable additional travel or accommodation expenses you incur abroad in obtaining a new passport if your passport is lost or stolen.
· Up to £25,000 for your legal costs and expenses to pursue a civil action for compensation for damages if you are injured or you die during the period of your trip.
Medical Inconvenience Benefit
· Compensatory payment if you are admitted as an in-patient in a registered hospital during the period of insurance. £15 per 24 hours (£10 per 24 hours within the United Kingdom) up to a maximum of £450 (£100 for trips within the United Kingdom).
Significant or unusual exclusions or limitations
· The standard excesses will be shown within your policy document.
· War risks, civil commotion, terrorism, sonic bangs, radioactive contamination.
· There are a number of sports, activities and winter sports that are excluded - Please see the General exclusions in the policy wording.
· Deliberate exposure to danger, influence of drugs or alcohol.
· Illegal acts.
· Your travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider.
Bankruptcy/ liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent or transportation company
Exclusions under Cancellation:
· Your disinclination to travel or financial reasons other than involuntary redundancy
· Any claim on medical grounds not supported by a medical certificate confirming the necessity to cancel the trip
· Your failure to obtain the required passport or visa
· Regulations set by the Government of any country
Exclusions under Medical Expenses, Medical Emergency Assistance and other Expenses including Curtailment:
· Treatment that can reasonably wait until your return to the United Kingdom.
· For any treatment not confirmed as medically necessary by the treating doctor
· Medical expenses incurred in the United Kingdom.
· Medication and/or treatment which at the time of departure is known to be required or continued outside the United Kingdom
Exclusions under Personal Property:
· Money and valuables in luggage in transit.
· Sports equipment & protective clothing.
· Mobile phones and accessories.
· Any loss not reported to the Police within 24 hours and supported by a Police report.
· Confiscation or detention by customs or other officials or authorities
· Property more specifically insured elsewhere or recoverable from another source.
Exclusions under Personal Liability:
· The carrying out of any trade or profession
· The ownership or use of aircraft or motorised vehicles
· Any deliberate act
· Injuries to employees or relatives.
Exclusions under Travel Delay:
· Delays of less than 12 hours
· Any claims arising from the withdrawal from service of the aircraft, coach/bus, train or sea vessel
· Any claim not supported by written confirmation from the transport provider stating the period and reason for delay.
Exclusions under Missed Departure
· Claims where sufficient time has not been left for your journey.
Exclusions under Loss of Passport
· Any loss not reported to the Police within 24 hours and supported by a Police report · Confiscation or detention by customs or other officials or authorites.
Exclusions under Legal Expenses
· The pursuit of any claim against a travel agent, tour operator or carrier.
· Any claim reported more than 180 days after the incident.
This is a single trip policy.
Option to Cancel
We hope that you are happy with the cover this policy provides. However, if your cover does not meet your requirements, please return all of your documents within 14 days of receipt to the issuer of this policy.
If during this 14 days period, you have travelled, made or claim, or intend to make a claim, then we are entitled to recover all costs that you have used for those services.
Please note that your cancellation rights are no longer valid after this initial 14 day period.
Making a Claim
If you have a claim while on holiday:
In the event of hospitalisation, repatriation or alteration in travel plans immediate contact must be made with Mayday Assist on +44 (0) 1403 288167
In all other circumstances, should you need to cancel prior to your holiday, or wish to notify a claim on your return, contact ERV Insurance Services, PO Box 9, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG19 7BL or call 01403 288170 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Making Yourself Heard
Any complaint you may have should in the first instance be addressed to the claim office or helpline as applicable. If you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint has been dealt with, you should write to the Customer Care Department of ETI.
If the complaint is still not resolved, you can approach The Financial Ombudsman Service. Referral to the Financial Ombudsman will not affect your right to take legal action.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
Tel: 0300 123 9 123
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited and the insurers of this policy are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If they are unable to meet their obligations, you may be entitled to compensation from the scheme, depending on the type of insurance and the circumstances of the claim.
Full details are available at www.FSCS.org.uk